Riding Waves Book

Riding Waves by Susan Marie Schulhof

Riding Waves by Susan Marie Schulhof
Sample
I sit there in his truck through two songs on the radio as Dan talks to Patrick, Matt and a blonde girl that I don’t recognize. I am not sure where Matt goes to college, but I know that Patrick attends University of Harrisburg. My brother Jake and Dan were in the same grade in school with Matt and Patrick. The blonde girl looks around our age, and she is dressed in a pink coat, jeans and furry boots; the opposite of how I dress. As I watch Dan, I get more and more frustrated that I am expected to sit in the car as she smiles at him and keeps touching his shoulder. He laughs loudly at everything she says. He is very handsome, yet it is more than his looks that attracts others to him. He is so charismatic and charming that people, especially girls, are drawn to him. He emits this aura of self-confidence that makes him a natural leader.
I roll down the window, but I can’t hear what they are talking about. Dan smiles a little at her, but I know that his laughing at everything that she says is his way of flirting. I try to think about dinner and how sweet he was acting. I tell myself to just relax and look out at the water. I even switch the radio to a pop station, but after two more songs, I turn off the engine, pull the keys out of the ignition and lock the car as I walk towards them.
Dan jerks away from me as I put my hand on his shoulder and say, “Hi Patrick. Hello Matt.”
“Hey, Harper. I didn’t know that you were here,” Patrick responds enthusiastically.
I try to say casually, “I was just on the phone with Laura. I think that she is going to meet us here.” I know that she is home this weekend, but hopefully, she won’t show up and say that I wasn’t really talking to her.
The blonde girl says something that makes Dan laugh even harder, so I move closer to Patrick. I have known Patrick since we were little. He is older than me, but he was one of those kids in high school that everyone knew was really smart. Instead of the freshman fifteen, it looks like Patrick lost at least fifteen pounds or more since he went away to college, but he looks more muscular now. His curly brown hair is shorter and less curly than I remember, but he looks really good.
“How is college?” I ask Patrick....

http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Waves-Susan-Marie-Schulhof-ebook/dp/B00LQABJLW/ref=sr_1_47?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406176791&sr=1-47&keywords=riding+waves

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/riding-waves/id898142854?mt=11

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/riding-waves-susan-marie-schulhof/1119940881?ean=9781483531601

Comments