Have many names

   Colin Powell was quoted as saying, "Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it." There is also a saying about not putting your eggs all in one basket, and I think that is a similar concept to what Colin Powell was saying. We sometimes define ourselves by what we do, like a teacher, an engineer, a doctor or even a mother, a father, a wife. Some people go even further and define themselves by doing and being only one thing. I hear, "I was their mother and now they don't need me. Who am I now?" Or "I spent every minute working for that company. How can they let me go? What do I do now?" Define yourself by many names, but think of names of being not just doing. Call yourself joyful. Call yourself passionate. Call yourself friendly...have many names.




Comments