Riding Waves excerpt


“Hi,” I say as I slide into Dan’s truck giving him a kiss.
“What’s that smell and what are you wearing?” he snaps.
“The perfume that you gave me for Valentine’s Day, and what is wrong with my outfit?”
“Who wears cowboy boots anymore?”
“I don’t know. Lots of people.”
“Well they look stupid,” he hisses.
I am not sure what is wrong, but I know that I didn’t do anything. I don’t dare ask Dan or he will just blame me.
I am quiet as Dan drives. I didn’t eat dinner since it is only five and he knows that my dad doesn’t come home to eat until six-thirty. I want to ask him where we are going, what we are doing and what is for dinner, but I just purse my lips closer together. We pull up at a huge house that I have never been to before. Without a word, Dan gets out of the car and walks around to the back of the house. I follow a few steps behind him. When I round the corner of the house, I am in awe by the sight of the lake behind the house. I mean the house is spectacular too, but the sun just glistens across the water. I have never seen a lake in someone’s yard before, a little pond maybe but not a lake. There is an in the ground pool probably twice as big as my grandparent’s pool, a brick patio and hot tub with a few people in it. The patio looks like a hotel.
Dan seems to know one of the girls in the hot tub who yells, “Dan! You made it!”
“I did Emma.”
“Keg is over there. Hope you brought your swimsuit.”
I follow Dan over to the keg where he gets us each a beer. I don’t even know what to say. Who is Emma? Why are we here? Did he bring a swimsuit? Is he going to introduce me? What is going on?
After Dan hands me a beer, a gorgeous blond guy walks over to the keg. He is tall and has on dark blue swim shorts with a long sleeve light blue button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He looks a little older than Dan.
“Love your boots,” he comments as he pours himself a beer....

http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Waves-Susan-Marie-Schulhof-ebook/dp/B00LQABJLW/ref=la_B00IBPFHV8_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1409801829&sr=1-1

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/riding-waves-susan-marie-schulhof/1119940881?ean=9781483531601

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/riding-waves/id898142854?mt=11

Comments