Changes in our world begin with us


    "Humanity is just a work in progress."
                                                   -Tennessee Williams
   I read the newspaper; I see the news on TV, and I hear what is happening in the world around me. I am often shocked and disheartened by much of what I hear and see, but I am an optimist by nature. I believe in the best from others; I believe that the world is a great place to live; I believe in mankind. Although I have experienced and witnessed sadness as well as evil, in my own life as well as the lives of others firsthand, I am still full of hope. For every story I read or hear, I notice one of people helping. There are so many organizations and people working to make this a better world to live in, to help others and to make a difference. We can each improve ourselves individually, but what about betterment as a whole? Can we improve and grow as all of mankind, all of humanity? I donate money to what I deem good causes as well as I have my area of women and children in need that I donate my time to, but what else can I do? If I want the world to become a better place, I know that I cannot just pass the buck. Changes in our world begin with each of us, and that includes me.
Read my words and see my quotes at


Comments