Take the good with the challenges



   Let's reframe the phrase, "Take the good with the bad." Why do we need to define events and situations in our lives as bad? Just like other people, I have definitely had my ups and downs in my life. The times that would be defined as "the good" would be my wedding, my three children, traveling, a close family, as well as my writing my books. What could I define as "the bad"? In many ways, the same exact situations would be the bad. I ended up divorced; I worry about my children; there are always problems when traveling; maintaining a close family takes work and at times sorrow, and writing surely has it's joys and despair. These "bad" situations, events and even so called "evil" people have taught me so much about life, about others as well as about myself. How can I label anything as bad or evil if it produces so much good? Instead, in the future, I choose to "Take the good with the challenges."


Comments