What am I being?

   Now that my girls are grown and I am no longer an infant teacher, at times I feel like life is so unimportant. I just go through my days working, eating, sleeping and spending a little time with my loved ones. What is the purpose? Why am I alive? At work, I try to make a difference by supporting the teachers I oversee; I volunteer at my church and organize the Bright Space Volunteer Program through work, but it doesn't feel like enough. 
  I was running errands today when the thought came to me that it only matters that I am trying, and what is important is what I am BEING while I go through my days. This isn't a new concept to me, but I needed the reminder. If I feel sad or if I am resentful that there isn't enough time in my days to do more, then I am BEING negative. I want to be joyful and grateful instead. I think it is time to start my gratitude journal again! Thank you for these negative feelings that made me remember to be thankful.

   

Comments