Can Harper ride the waves of life?

Riding Waves is a book about learning to navigate the joys and trials of growing up, falling in love and going to college. When Harper's relationship with Dan starts taking her down a path she doesn't like, she will have to make some hard choices.
Can Harper ride the waves of life or will they take her under?


Excerpt:
July 2011

    The sun feels warm on my shoulder as Ashley and I play tennis on the street in front of my house. We have been best friends since the sixth grade, and we just graduated from high school this year. I see a car coming so we stop playing for a minute to see if it is coming this way. As the car gets closer, we realize that it is her parent’s car, and that her brother Dan is driving. I wonder why he is here and if Ashley has to go home? Or maybe he is here to see my brother, Jake? Even though, I am seventeen and she’s already eighteen, neither of us have our own cars. We were too lazy to ride our bikes to the tennis courts today so that’s why we were just hitting the ball back and forth on the street in front of my house. I see Dan sometimes when I go to her house, but she likes to hang out at my house since I have my own room, and she shares with her little sister.
   I notice, all of the sudden, that it is one of those impeccable summer days with the sky a beautiful shade of blue dotted with a few puffy white clouds. Dan walks straight towards me as I turn away from the clouds. A bead of sweat runs down my forehead, and I brush it away.
     “Do you want to go out sometime?” Dan stammers.
    I don’t answer for what feels like an eternity until Ashley nudges me.
    “Um, sure. When?” I say as I notice that his eyes match the color of the sky.
   I really don’t know what to say. I have known him since we were in elementary school...

https://www.amazon.com/Susan-Marie-Schulhof/e/B00IBPFHV8

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Susan+Marie+Schulhof?fs=0&_requestid=358537

https://itunes.apple.com/us/author/susan-marie-schulhof/id613849093?mt=11

This book is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents, and dialogue are drawn from the author’s imagination and are not construed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or persons living or dead is entirely coincidental.

Riding Waves. Copyright © 2014 by Susan Marie Schulhof. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced.

Comments