Can we create our future?


A few months ago, my friend, Joao, told me about a great experience he and his husband had, and he felt like I too would enjoy it. I am very spiritual, and love to meditate and feel close to God and the universe, but I have never attended this type of retreat before. I have been on a day retreat and even chaperoned my daughter’s confirmation retreat overnight, but this one was a whole weekend. It was called “Manifesting your Desires” and was lead by Elias Patras. It was an amazing, transformational and unexplainable experience. 
These are the 3 things I learned on the retreat:
1.   I have a lot of beliefs that are limiting my ability to achieve my dreams. As we conducted a variety of exercises to uncover what was blocking us from reaching our desires, a pattern of unconscious beliefs emerged. Before this retreat, I never would have thought that I felt this way. One of our tasks was to create a nature vision board to help understand our dreams and to begin to create a future we desire by visualizing it. This really helped me to connect with what I want and what I belief I can achieve.
2.   I am choosing to manifest abundance in my life. Although I am already lucky and have an abundance of love, imagination and opportunities in my life, I choose to let go of some false beliefs and expectations. I believe that I can have even more abundance in my life and in other areas like joy, money and connections. I have made vision or dream boards over the years, but I am in the process of creating a new one so that I can be reminded each day what is truly important to me.
3.   I love going on spiritual retreats! I have re-read my notes and spent much time talking about and reflecting on all that I learned and experienced over those 48 hours. I will never forget it, and I hope to go on another one someday.
To answer my own question...yes, we CAN manifest our desires, but we must truly believe we can and that we deserve it.


You can learn more about my books HERE

And follow me on Twitter Susan on Twitter

Or read more positive thoughts Looking For The Good


All through my day, no matter where I go, or what I do, I am always looking for the good in people, in the world, in my life or even just in my day.

Comments