We all have our own version of truth

   
     Reality by definition is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. What is each of our realities? Is it how life actually exists or rather as they appear to us? When we interact with others on a personal or professional level, we must understand that each of us sees our own behavior and the circumstances with our own view or filter of life. This perception comes from the life we have lived, all of our circumstances and experiences. Years ago, there was a movie called He Said, She Said which showed various situations of a couple happening, but from each of their point of view. It was an interesting concept that each has their perception of what was happening. I would like to believe that the events of my life would not make me see a person or situation different than anyone else would; yet life has proved that I do. Think also about before the microscope was invented or before we learned that the world was not, indeed, flat. Those were perceptions of reality based on what people knew. I choose to look beyond my reality and try to see the aspects of life that are not visible to my perception of what I believe is true.

Comments