Feel the sadness then move on


"People don't just get upset. They contribute to their upsetness."
-Albert Ellis
     Sometimes when life is hard and things are not going the way that I want them to, I get lost in my sadness. If I am in pain, it feels like this is how I will always feel. I read long ago that no matter what emotion I am feeling, I should experience it fully; not bury the pain. Often people drink, shop, eat or do other things to keep from dealing with their emotions. I know that if I feel ashamed, or if I feel angry, or if I feel sad, it is important not to get stuck in those negative emotions. It is important to release them, to let them go after feeling them. When I am sad, I feel that sadness then move on.
Read my words and see my quotes at

or follow my page at

  


Comments