Learn from other people's experiences


    "It doesn't matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it's important to realize that whatever you're doing, it's your first attempt at it."
                                                                               -Wally Amos
        I love this quote from Wall Amos for many reasons. First off, I think that no matter what you are doing, you do need to remember that it is your first time. The results will be different for each person that tries something, you included. The other part of this quote that resonates with me is the idea that even if people say that it cannot be done, a person that wants something bad enough should never give up. The picture with my quote is from a visit to Memphis where I learned about Elvis and his life which was very inspiring to me. I also love the story about Kathryn Stockett, the author of the book The Help. Apparently, she received over 60 rejection letters for her book before getting it published. After being published, it received much praise and was even made into a movie. While you can learn best from your own experience, you can also learn from other people's experiences as long as you keep trying.

Read my words and see my quotes at


Comments