Show mercy to others


     "Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliance than justice."
                                               -Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
    Mercy by definition is compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's power to harm or punish. When a person has harmed me, an urge to hurt them back, through my words and actions, rises up within me. Can I offer them mercy or do I punish them? It feels fair to wound them back, an eye for an eye as the saying goes. Even if they show remorse and say that they want to do better, it is still difficult not to retaliate. No one likes to be hurt or harmed, but where does this retribution get me? I feel bad because I have harmed another; the offender may even feel justified and think "See that is why I hurt them. They are a mean person." There are no winners. Violence, through words and actions, may be a means to show us that we need to love each other more and hurt each other less. I hope and pray that when I am wronged, I can show mercy to others.

Read my words and see my quotes at
Sharing my truths
or follow my FB page at

Comments