Celebrities are just human too

    "A celebrity is a person who works hard... to become well known then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized" is how comedian Fred Allen defined being famous. It is silly but true. When I was young, long before the days of Google and YouTube, singers, actors and athletes were put up on a pedestal. The only image that I had of them was what was distributed to the world. I remember how sad I was when I read that David Cassidy hated the image he was forced to be in front of his fans. I think of more recent celebrities like Britney Spears and John Travolta who have challenges to face in their life when we believed they were living the best life imaginable. Just today I watched with my daughters the One Direction DVD that followed their This Is Us Tour. As I watched, I hoped that the guys all remain close to their families and stay down to earth. When I am in awe of the life celebrities live, I try to remind myself that they have problems as well. Celebrities are just human too.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments