If my girls were little again, I would play more



    Anouk Aimee said, "You can only perceive real beauty in a person as they get older." Although I agree with the quote by Anouk Aimee, there is so much that cannot really be understood and appreciated until a person actually gets older as well. The value of playing is one situation that I recently have come to appreciate. There are a few reasons that the action of playing has been on my mind. First off, two of my daughters are away at college with my youngest completing her college applications for next year, so they are not at home much. I also have been looking through old photographs for in this blog, and it makes me nostalgic for when my daughters were little. In addition, we spent six hours on Thanksgiving watching old home movies, and often I was busy running around instead of on the floor playing. As I think back on my daughter's childhood, I never wish that I had cleaned more, corrected their behavior more or spent more time away from them, but I do regret not playing more. I realize that it is a delicate balance to play and raise competent, smart, polite and kind children, but there were times that I could have taught them those skills through playing. I know that I did play with them, but if my girls were little again, I would play more.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments