Happiness is simple


     "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
                                                       -Laura Ingalls Wilder
    Sometimes in life I have set my sights too high thinking that if I can attain them, they will bring me happiness. I wanted an ideal job; I wanted to make a lot of money; I wanted to have a wonderful spouse; I wanted to have perfect children. By desiring these things to make me happy, I was always striving, always searching. As I get older, I have come to understand that it is the simple things, like Laura Ingalls Wilder believed, that will bring me the happiness that I seek. I feel happy when the infants at work give me a hug. I feel happy when my children and I spend time laughing and having fun together. I have spent too much time wishing when really happiness is simple.



Comments