Uncontrolled anger hurts us and others


    Marcus Aurelius said, "How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." It is so true that terrible deeds are done and horrible words are spoken in response to the anger felt. People do things that make me mad but sometimes the damage I inflict is worse than what was done to make me angry. I think that the emotion of anger can lead me and help me if I can respond and not just react to it. I wrote in a previous post called By understanding our weakness, we become strong, that one weakness I have struggled with my entire life is anger. I either suppressed it and hurt myself or expelled it too forcefully and hurt others.  I am learning as I get older that my anger can show me what I do not want in my life as well as what I want. I am starting to learn from things that anger me since I know that uncontrolled anger hurts me as well as hurts others.
Read my words and see my quotes at

or follow my page at

  

Comments