Show all of your work

    "The 'how' thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile 'ifs'", according to Norman Vincent Peale. I like problems that can be solved and figured out. Math was one of my favorite subjects for that reason. You could try different paths to the solution, yet typically there is only one way to get the answer. When faced with a problem in math, we were required to show all of our work so that the teacher knew we weren't cheating and so that he or she could see how we solved it or where we went wrong. I would look at the possible paths and try them all until I figured out the answer or found the solution. I loved that feeling of the light bulb moment when it all became clear. Life on the other hand is messy and sometimes cannot be figured out. I still try to approach issues in life like a math problem that needs to be solved. I examine all avenues to achieve the solution or outcome that I want. In life I try to "show all of my work", so that I know that I have tried every possible way to work it out.
Read my words and see my quote at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments