Be tolerant


   "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."
                                                    -George Washington Carver
   I have written in my blog about youth and my children as well as  about having compassion. On the nineteenth, I will communicate my thoughts on sympathy. From today's quote I want to focus on tolerance which is, in my words, the willingness to put up with someone or some situation. I do believe that being tolerant is a willingness or a choice. I am not saying that you allow others to abuse you or even be rude; it is just accepting other people's differences. We all come to earth with our own lessons and our own personality characteristics; many that I don't understand nor like. I have learned in the last 49 years though that other people's traits can help me to learn. I can try to understand why a certain quality in another annoys me, and maybe discover something new about myself or about life in general. As today's quote states that someday in my life I will be weak as well as strong, kind as well as mean, happy as well as sad, healthy as well as ill; today I choose to be tolerant.
 Read my words and see my quotes at
     

Comments