By understanding our weakness, we become strong


"Once we know our own weaknesses they cease to do us harm."
                                      -Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

     We can treat our weaknesses as we do our fears and confront them so they have no power over us. The fears are still there, we just take control. My biggest weakness is giving into my anger and yelling. I have struggled with this my whole life, and have repeatedly committed to stopping it. I believe that I am an easy going person until I get pushed too far, then I explode. I do not hit anyone, obviously, but I do know that my anger and words harm others as well as myself. According to today's quote, once I know my weakness it should not cause harm, but I feel that we must take it one step further and interpret its meaning to change. That is my hope; that by accepting and understanding this weakness, I can stop it and become strong.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments