What is your bait?


   At Willow Creek Community Church tonight Steve Carter spoke about temptations. He asked us to think about what our bait is? What in life pulls your focus off of God? Many people have behaviors and habits that keep them from God and even prevent them from being happy. As I thought about my life, I realized that it is good times and success that lures me away from church, prayer and ultimately God. Like some people are fair-weather friends, I am a bad weather friend to God. When my life is going well, and I am happy, then I forget to pray; I am too busy for church, and I ignore God and his promptings. Then when life is heading in the wrong direction, or I am confronted with sorrow and challenges, I wonder where God is and why he has deserted me. Are you like me or are there other things that lure you away from your faith?


Comments