Forget that you know the answers; ask others questions


      "You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions," as said by Nagie Manfouz. I enjoy talking to other people; I even love sharing my words, thoughts and ideas, as you can tell by my blogs and books. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college with a Bachelor's Degree, so I have always placed a high value on receiving an Education.  Reading fiction books as well as non-fiction books aid in my fondness for continual learning about myself and others. I pride myself on being a good listener, yet I have never thought of the value of asking questions nor the importance of the type of questions to ask. Coincidentally, my daughter, Sydney, was working on an assignment Tuesday night for her Honors English Class that entailed writing two-three questions that could be offered on an AP test. As we were discussing how this assignment aids in the development of a persons critical thinking, it reminded me of Nagie Manfouz's quote. In future discussions with others, I will listen and try to ask the right questions to help myself learn and gain wisdom.

Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments