What do you find to be beautiful?


       "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." 
                                                                    -Albert Camus

     What does Albert Camus mean by this quote? Flowers are perceived to be beautiful, therefore my simplified interpretation would be that the color changes of the leaves in the fall are as the flowers are in the spring. Spring is thought of as a renewal and rebirth of nature; whereas Autumn is a breaking down and preparation for the dark, cold winter. To look deeper into the comparisons to life, there are different seasons in one's lives as there are changes of seasons in weather, although not near as predictable. There are the wonderful times in life when everything is new and fresh and life is passing by effortlessly like the Summer season. Then just like Winter comes, life can turn bleak, challenging and troublesome. If I have used the transition times of my life, I have prepared inwardly for the challenges and struggles that will invariably enter my life. Life is not always the beauty and renewal of Spring or the fresh newness of Summer. Very few people have a life devoid of challenges and struggles. The autumn of my life is a time of preparation, a looking inward at my life so that I am ready when the winter seasons of my life appear. As I look around and see the beauty of Autumn, I am reminded that this is the time to evaluate the life that I am living and the lessons that I am learning, to prepare for any challenges that may come my way.

Read my words and see my quotes

Comments