Courage is taking action in spite of your fears


     The dictionary defines courage as the ability to something that you know is dangerous or difficult. Everyone would agree that a person is courageous if they cliff dive or race cars, but what about opening a business that you are not sure will succeed? What about talking to your loved one about your insecurities? What about trying out for a sport? It is sometimes easier for me to go on a roller coaster or wish that I could skydive rather than face my fears of failure if I try something new, or face my fear of rejection if I tell my loved ones what I need from them. In the book Divergent, there is a faction called dauntless that go into simulations to learn to face their fears. The idea behind it is that repeated exposure will not remove the fear, but it will help them to not let their fears control them. Others will not be able to manipulate them due to these fears nor use them against them. I choose to be courageous.   By facing my fears, I can reduce the power they have over me.



Read my words and see my quotes at:

Comments