Learning should not end when school is over


"Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere."
                                                                        -Chinese Proverb
    Even though I intended to go on to Graduate School or Law School after I received my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, I wanted a break. Fast forward 27 years later and I still wish that I had not taken that break since I never went back. I did not love doing homework or taking tests, but I have always appreciated learning. There is something magical in understanding something new that I previously didn't know. I read magazines and books that entertain me as well as educate me. Psychology Today and Self magazines still intrigue me as I read through the different studies quoted. When my daughters received suggested books to read for their own Honor's Psychology class, I read some of those as well. At work, I have went to trainings and read many resources to further educate myself in the Early Childhood field. I truly enjoy learning. Perhaps when my daughters are done with college, I will finally get my Master's Degree. I believe that learning should not end when school is over; nor it is never too late to go back to school.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments