Look beyond your own reality to see aspects that are not visible to what you believe is true

      

     Today's quote by Antoine De Saint-Exupery is "A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral." I see a garden full of weeds, yet my sister-in-law who is a florist sees flowers and plants among the weeds. I see a bag full of groceries, but my sister who loves to cook sees a delicious meal. I see shopping bags full of clothes, but my daughters see great new outfits. Sometimes it is hard for me to see beyond my own reality to understand what brings joy to others. I see a simple quote, and words and thoughts emerge from it. I enter a bookstore or library, and I see hours of enjoyment reading. I wake to a beautiful day, and I think of a long walk, hike or run. I buy a blank canvas and paints, I envision a picture I can create. I would like to understand what brings joy to others, especially my loved ones. I promise myself today to look for aspects of reality that are not visible to me. 

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments