Sometimes I am wrong


      Thomas Szasz was quoted as saying, "A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right but to be wrong." I am not sure if a child becomes an adult by this realization, but I agree that everyone should learn this truth. We live in a society that expects perfection in school, in our looks, in our work and in our families. The list could continue. We desire this need to always make the right choice from ourselves and from others. I don't want to be wrong, but it is okay if I sometimes am. The world does not end when I am wrong, nor does it when my children and loved ones are. I want to take chances and try to make educated choices, but if I choose wrong, I want to feel that it is alright to choose again. I do not need to punish myself or even be disappointed. Being wrong reminds me of the corn maze at the pumpkin farm. I hate going in them because often the choice you make leads to a dead end or circles back to where you started. The only way out is to stay calm and keep choosing. Sometimes I am wrong, but I can only try and do my best. 

 Read my words and my quotes



Comments