Look for opportunities to try

      Zig Ziglar said, "winning is not everything, but the effort is." How true that is. I remember how great I felt when I was training for a marathon a few years ago. I was in good shape; I felt disciplined getting up in the morning to train, and my daughters were proud of me. I even blogged about my training for the marathon, and I felt a sense of pride every time I ran a little bit farther than the last time. I ran slow and even got injured and had to stop at mile 18 of the marathon, but it still felt like quite an accomplishment. Even though I wish that I had run all 26.2 miles and finished, the effort of training was well worth it. It is something I will never regret trying. I know that if I had not trained and tried, I would have looked back with regret. What do you want to try in life that you would regret not going after?
Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments