It is a great day when you can play at work


      Shakti Gawain was quoted as saying, "When you're following your energy..., the distinction between work and play dissolves." Over the course of my life, I have worked in retail and in a restaurant, had two different jobs in social work, taught in an elementary school and even tried a job in sales. I enjoyed all of them in some capacity, but I was never really happy in my work until I started at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in 2001. I won't lie and say that every day is great or exclaim that I love getting up every day at 5:30am, but I receive so much joy being an infant teacher that those issues fall to the wayside. I believe that I am a much better mother, daughter and overall happier person because I have a career that I am passionate about and love doing. We work 40 plus hours a week out of 168 hours at our job, so it makes sense that we should find a job that brings us pleasure, most of the time. It is truly a great day, when you can play at work.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments