What are you grateful for today?


   "What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?" When I googled this quote I found numerous discussions about it as well as various plaques and items to purchase with this quote. I am disappointed in myself to admit that when think about what I would have woke up with today, it would have been nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I have read that a parent or teacher should notice and comment when children are getting along and to refrain from only interceding when they fight, to diminish the attention given to the negative behavior. Expressing gratitude is similar to that for me. I talk and pray to God when negative situations occur, but what about when my life is going smoothly? I do remember to say thank you when something really fabulous happens, but what about the every day people and situations? Thank you God for the crisp fall air. Thank you God for a good day at work. Thank you God for a smile from my daughter. Thank you God for the health of myself and my loved ones. Thank you God for food, clothing and shelter. The list could go on. I truly am grateful for all that I have, but since I am not in the habit of thanking God, I forget most days. I have read that most behaviors take 6 weeks to become a habit so unless I incorporate this act of stating gratitude into my life, I will continue to forget. Every night before bed, I will ask myself, "What are you grateful for today?"

Read my words and see my quote at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com


Comments