See what happens if you stop talking and just listen


    The quote by Dag Hammarskjold says, "The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside." He was a Swedish diplomat and Secretary-General of the United Nations. This sentence indicates that he valued the importance of listening to yourself. I would believe that during his life, he considered advice from others as well as offered some often. I feel that this quote also relates to how people communicate with one another, as well as hearing your own inner guidance. Often when I am at a meeting or in a discussion with someone, it is hard to stop talking, or even to stop thinking, and really listen to what others are saying. My mind comes up with responses and suggestions even as I am hearing them speak. I have read about a process of mirroring what others are saying to ensure that each person is listening when someone is expressing their feelings, ideas or thoughts. The purpose is to ensure true communication by both parties. It would take practice to implement it in my life, but I would like to stop talking sometimes and really listen to what others are saying. 

Read my words and see my quotes at




Comments