Make your own luck


   Francis Quarles said, "Has fortune dealt you some bad cards? Then let wisdom make you a good gamester." I interpret this quote to mean that even if you are born into or have some negative aspects or situations in your life, you can change that. A person born into poverty does not need to stay in poverty. A person born with disabilities does not have to live a life controlled by it. A person who repeatedly encounters unfortunate situations at every turn does not have to live an unfortunate life. I am continually amazed by the stories I hear and read about that are full of hope and hard work. A child born in the ghetto that goes to Harvard. A child of a bitter divorce finding happily ever after in their own marriage. As often as I hear of these stories, I am also astounded by the tales of people born into privilege who squander their opportunities and waste their lives. Life is what you make of it. No matter what you are dealt, make your own luck.
Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments