An unbalanced life equals injustice


     Injustice by definition is an act that inflicts undeserved harm. I have been a single working mother since 2001. Throughout these 12 years, I have struggled to work hard yet be there for my daughters. What I learned years ago was that I can never be the best at both. I have had to understand that doing as much as I can as a mother as well as doing as much as I can at work would have to be enough. I also realized that if I did not find time for myself in between these work and parenting commitments, that I could not even be enough at work or with my children. Often when I neglected my needs I would end up ill or sad and sometimes both. I had to learn to balance all of the areas of my life so that I did not inflict undeserved harm to others nor to myself. An unbalanced life does  truly lead to injustice.

Read my words and see my quotes

Comments