Be humble and ask for help when you need it


    "Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life."
                                                                      -George Arliss
     My parents raised me to be a very competent person. I learned how to cook, clean, pay bills, shovel snow, mow the lawn, check my oil, do laundry, hook up electronics, paint a room and more. My mother and father expected a lot from me, but they also taught me by their example. My father was very hard working, and my mother still is. Because I have always been able to do much of what I set my mind to do, I rarely had to ask for help. That can have a negative effect though because it often enabled others to do less or made them believe that I didn't think that they could do it well. It makes me sad to think that I have made others feel that way. I will try to be more humble and ask others for help when I need it and sometimes even when I don't. I want to let others help me since I know how wonderful that feeling is when you accomplish something and give aid to those you love.
Read my words and see my quotes at


Comments