All work is equal in importance


    "No work, however humble, is dishonoring," according to The Talmud, which is a central text of Rabbinic Judiasm. Here in the United States, people receive a large amount of pay to entertain us whether it is through music, movies or sports, yet other professions like teachers and social workers receive relatively low pay. I myself have worked as an infant teacher for the past 12 years, and although I believe the preconception of Early Childhood teachers is changing, people often look down on my job. Even though I take care of the needs of 8 infants, with my co-teacher Jenny, in addition to implementing 4 activities while talking pictures and sending a form highlighting the learning benefits daily to the parents, people often do not respect my job. We also complete an online portfolio and an assessment of their development as well as conduct conferences 2 times a year, many others still do not even think of us as teachers. All of what we do, doesn't even mention how important the caring, loving and nurturing of these little babies is. Although the pay may be different, I feel that all work is equal in importance.
Read my words and see my quotes

Comments