Believe in the goodness of life


    "More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing than by believing in too much."
                                                             -P.T. Barnum
   P.T. Barnum was a businessman and entertainer. He was remembered for founding the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. He obviously believed in much to create and develop such a wondrous event such as a circus.  I think most entertainers and creators would need to believe to do what they do. They might be disappointed at times but the alternative thought of believing in nothing would keep them from ever creating. Believing in nothing is like just giving up and never trying. I would rather believe in others, and trust in the overall goodness of life and humankind, even if it does lead to disappointments sometimes. I believe in love and in happiness. I feel that believing is the first step towards creating a life that you want to live. I choose to believe in the goodness of life.

See my words and read my quotes at


Comments