A real friend is a gift


     "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care to acquire," according to Francois De La Rochefoucauld. It is interesting to watch two older infants become friends. Through the 13 years that I have been an infant teacher, I have seen many children play with and alongside each other, however there have only been a few pairs that I would say were "friends" in an infant classes. A couple of things that I feel made them seem like true friends were that they always wanted to be near each other, they smiled whenever their friend entered the room and they seemed to be happier and have a better day when their friend was at school. As an adult, I am probably the same way with my true friends although I also talk to them and confide in them. I think that I am a good friend and try not to take them for granted, but I am sure that sometimes I do. I want to treasure and show my friends how grateful I am to have them in my life, because I do believe that a real friend is a gift.


Comments