To have the vision of others


   "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower."
                                                                      -Steve Jobs
   In researching for today's post, I read quotes by many famous leaders, but this one by Steve Jobs resounded with me. Often people, including myself, have ideas for inventions, creations and designs in life or in their career. What separates those who dream and those who pursue? What differentiates the ones that try and the ones that achieve? It is simple to see the difference between the dreamers versus the pursuers; it is action, and probably repeated and continual action. I can't think of anyone who achieved their dreams simply by wishing, however what about the people who attempt to make their dreams a reality, yet the final achievement keeps slipping through their fingers time and time again? Is it the power of belief and intention? Is it chance, luck or circumstance? While on a business trip this week, I was having this exact conversation. We discussed the concept of being at the right place at the right time, knowing or meeting the right person. We came up with many ideas, but it is difficult to come up with a simple answer. When I think about the past and imagine the future, I am in awe of those who have a vision and make it a reality. I choose to dream,  to pursue,  to try and to achieve, with perhaps the last piece being out of my control, so then I add "hope and pray".

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments