If you want love in your life, give that to others in thoughts, words and actions


                 "Do unto others what you want done unto you."
                                                                           -Confucius
    Throughout my life, many books that I have read spoke about karma and treating other people how you want to be treated. I was always a little confused about it until recently. My previous belief was that if I was loving and caring enough to a person that I had a difficult relationship with, they would eventually treat me that way in return. Because of this thought, I stayed with others that said that they loved me but treated me poorly, much longer than I should have. I ignored my own feelings and pain in hopes that if I was a "good enough" person, the person treating me bad would change. Now let me tell you that I am not a stupid or gullible person. I have read numerous self help and spiritual books trying to understand this term we refer to as karma. What I did not realize until recently was that I could not change other people through my behavior of being loving. Sometimes I needed to walk away from those particular people. The act of me being loving, kind and honest would draw other people, however, into my life that would reflect that back to me, which did happen since I have many caring people in my life. When someone treats me poorly, I try to be loving and if that doesn't work, I walk away and try not to be angry or bitter because I definitely do not want to draw that back onto myself.

Read my words and see my quotes at


Comments