Capture the world with your imagination


     Luigi Pirandello said, "Nature uses human imagination to lift her work of creation to even higher levels", but I believe that our imagination can lift the beauty of nature to higher levels as well. When I went to an art show this summer, I was surprised by the the large number of artists whose work was photographs. At least at this event, there were very few paintings, which saddened me. They were beautifully taken pictures, and I do feel that photography is an art and a skill, however the world would be a less creative one if people are not using a canvas and brush to create. I love to paint with acrylic paint, and have painted less than 10 paintings in my life. It takes me quite a long time to finish one, however when I am in the mood to paint, I love it. I usually start with an idea or picture but then use my imagination to recreate it from my thoughts. I paint as another way to express myself creatively. It is a similar process when I use my words to describe an event, object or place with my imagination as well. You don't even need to share your painting, poem, story or drawing with anyone to feel the joy from creating something. It is an amazing feeling when you capture the world with your imagination.

Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments