I am only a small part of the universe


                 "The universe is wider than our views of it."
                                      -Henry David Thoreau
    One morning while I was driving to work, I saw the sky trying to peek out behind the clouds, and it made think how small I am in the universe. Whether I am having trouble and sorrow in my life or everything is going great, I sometimes get so focused on my own perception of life that I let this fact slip from my thoughts. I forget that everyone else is part of this universe with their own life, circumstances and experiences. I even fail to remember that there is so much more out there that I cannot even imagine nor understand. I believe that we are all here on earth to learn different lessons and understand particular experiences. I know that I need to learn and understand my place in this world, but I also want an awareness of the larger picture of the universeI want to be more conscious and aware of all that is around me and not so focused on myself. I must remember when I am so focused on only my needs, wants and dreams that I am only a small part of this universe.

Read my words or see my quotes

Comments