Crying shows strength not weakness


"Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep."
                                                      -Carl Sandburg
        When we are an infant, crying is our mode of communication. We cry because we are hungry; we cry because we are tired; we even cry because we are uncomfortable. Somewhere along the way, people start saying to use your words and to not cry. As we near adolescence, people even say things like "crying is for babies." We are shamed for using tears to express our emotions. As adults society acts like it is not acceptable for men to cry, and women can even be teased and called names if they appear to cry too often. I believe that it takes a strong person to express their sadness, disappointment or even their happiness through tears. I think we should also use our words but letting those feeling out are important. I choose to feel and express all of the emotions of my life. Crying shows strength, not weakness.

Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments