Choose Peace


"We shall find peace. We shall hear angels. We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds."
-Anton Chekov
     I am not sure what Anton what referencing with this passage, but to me it sounds as if he is describing once we die with the angels and the peace. I do hope that once my life here on earth is done that I do see the sky sparkling like diamonds, hear angels and find peace, however I would like all of that while I am alive as well. One of my favorite songs at church has always been "Let There Be Peace On Earth". I would sing along loud and strong somehow hoping that just wishing for peace could make it happen. Although I would want peace in all of the world, I have been a little selfish in my life, wishing for that peace for myself. Even during an argumentative marriage, raising children and living in the busy northwest suburbs of Chicago,  I have continually searched for peace for myself in my outward life, yet everything that I have read explains peace for an individual as a state of mind.  We should somehow achieve this feeling of peace no matter what is happening. The second line in the song says, "and let it begin with me" so I guess no one else can give me peace. I will continue to try to choose peace in my life and in my mind, but maybe I could get some angels and see the sky sparkle like diamonds for encouragement too.

See my words and read my quotes at


     

Comments