Forgiving others sets me free


       Voltaire said, "We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies; it is the first law of nature." I know that I am not perfect; nor are my loved ones. I sometimes joke that the people who are together are the ones that can deal with the other persons bad traits the easiest, that we stay with the people whose stuff we can deal with the most. I suppose all joking aside, I believe that we fall in love with someone that can help us learn about aspects of ourselves, even if that may include some negative aspects as well.  That maybe is why they say that opposites attract and why our own children can drive us the most crazy of all. We all have issues and negative characteristics. There is no one that is perfect just like no one is perfect for one another. Some of the people that I have felt  hurt me the most in my life probably also feel that I hurt them deeply in return, even if I do not believe that to be true. There are two reasons forgiving others sets me free. Number one, not saying what they did was acceptable, but  I can forgive another person because as a human being we all do wrong. This lifts that weight off of my shoulders; I unburden myself from that negative thought. Then secondly, by forgiving those who have hurt me, I open up the path for God to forgive me for all of my errors as well. Forgiving others truly does set me free.

Read my words and see my quotes at

Comments