Bear only your responsibilities

      "You cannot escape the responsibilities of tomorrow by evading it today."
                                                                 -Abraham Lincoln
   What are my responsibilities in life? I am obligated to go to work and complete the tasks to the best of my ability. It is my duty to help and care about my fiancé, mother, sister, brother, nieces, nephews and friends. I am responsible for feeding, clothing, providing shelter for, teaching and guiding, but most of all loving my three daughters. What other responsibilities do I place on my shoulders? Even if I claim something as mine, can I truly control it? In my life, I have often assumed responsibility for people, tasks and situations that were not within my scope of power. I am saddened when I am not able to create the outcome that I want and that would make others happy. Why couldn't I achieve it? Because some burdens are not mine to bear. Some responsibilities are not mine to claim. Some outcomes are not mine to create. That is hard for me to accept. It has been a life long struggle for me to "Have the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, have the courage to change the things I can and to have the wisdom to know the difference" as the Serenity Prayer declares, but I am trying. In the future, I choose to bear only my responsibilities.

Read my words and see my quotes at
http://susanmarieschulhof.blogspot.com

Comments